1. Novena to the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
2. Offer up Holy Communions for the Holy Souls. On receiving the Holy communion, you commend it to the benefit of holy souls in purgatory.
3. Taking the Way of the Cross for the benefit Holy souls.
4. Taking the Holy Souls’ rosary
6. Have Masses said for them most especially on the anniversary of their death.
7. Giving alms to their benefit. “Giving alms saves from death and purges away sins”.
8. Saying the ‘Divine Mercy Chaplet‘
9. Saying St. Gertrude the Great’s prayers for Holy Souls which saves 1000 souls whenever it is said.
ST. GERTRUDE THE GREAT’S PURGATORY PRAYER
Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious Blood of thy Divine Son Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today for all the Holy Souls in purgatory, for sinners every where, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
10. Sprinkling Holy water on the ground to their benefit. St. John Macias used it and it saved many souls.
11. Getting used to saying, ‘Eternal rest grant unto them ………’ prayer whenever you pass by a grave.
12. Practice saying, ‘Eternal rest grant unto them ……..’ prayer before and after meals.
13. Visiting the cemetery on regularly or randomly and praying for these souls as you sprinkle blessed water on the ground.
14. Adoring the blessed sacrament as one makes reparation to the sacred heart of Jesus on their behalf.
15. Sacrifices. Any act of self denial or mortification helps.
16. Taking the office of the dead in the Divine Office Prayer book normally used by bishops, priests, religious or seminarians.
17. Interceding for them through saints whose prayers were effective in saving them like: Sts. Nicholas of Tolentino, Gertrude the Great, Catherine of Genoa, Padre Pio, Phillip Neri, John Macias, Maria Faustina, Joseph, Our Lady among others.
18. Offering special prayers as one does their daily work. A simple prayer book is good with a variety of prayers for them.
19. Repent by going for confession, such makes one’s prayers for them more efficacious.
20. Spreading the devotion to them.
21. Sharing this article so that other can read and be informed.
May we remember them in this Holy Month of the Holy Souls in purgatory