Points you may take note of:
1. Authentic Catholics know that it is SOLEMN rather than dull. They love it so
2. Worship is not for ENTERTAINMENT. During worship humanity gives God his due and then ask Him for its needs. There are very many places that offer fun and entertainment. The Church cannot compete with them!
3. Real worship MUST GIVE YOU A DIFFERENT FEELING from all other experiences. You are not supposed to feel the same way you feel at a birthday party, night club, office, beer parlour, motor park, home, school etc. Worshipping is a SACRED ACTIVITY.
4. You have six days in every week to get all the excitement that you seek. Spare just 2hrs for God each Sunday. You won’t starve of excitement surely
5. There exists a difference between Gospel music, Christian songs and hymns. Catholics sing hymns at Mass. A hymn is usually a Christian song that has deep theological message that is connected to what is happening at a particular time during worship.
6. Catholics are not AGAINST excitement in worship. The Catholic worship has time for every experience. Moments of exuberant praise, moments of humble penitence, moments of joyful welcoming of new members and moments of tearful good byes to the dead.
IF ALL THAT YOU SEEK DURING WORSHIP IS FUN AND EXCITEMENT, SORRY WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND IT IN OUR LITURGY. Sometimes our worshippers leave in tears, feeling very sorry for their sins
God bless you.
Like Our Facebook Page